Rental Terms & Conditions
By reading and signing this agreement electronically, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions outlined in this agreement and addendums. Your signature confirms your understanding of the outlined payment schedule and cancellation policy. Your reservation will be held to the terms of this agreement.
This agreement is between the guest, herein referred to as "guest", and Vacation Homes of Hilton Head, herein referred to as "VHHH". The guest is not permitted to sub-lease or gift the rental to others without written consent from VHHH. The guest agrees that Vacation Homes of Hilton Head is the named agent of the owner.
The renter will gain occupancy of the property beginning on agreed upon arrival date on or after 5:00 pm and ending on agreed upon departure date at 10:00 am.
- Check-in begins at 5pm and we make every effort to prepare your vacation rental for your arrival; however, for reasons that are sometimes beyond our control, a 5pm check in is not guaranteed. No early check-ins or late check-outs will be permitted, unless agreed upon and paid for in advance. Guests will be refunded if pre-paid early check-in/ check-out can no longer be accommodated. If no late check-out has been purchased, the guest agrees to check-out promptly at 10:00 am or be subject to a charge of $500.00 per hour.
- All departure instructions found in your guest portal are required to be completed. Charges of no less than $250 will be charged to the card on file if excessive cleaning is required. All debris, rubbish, and discards are to be bagged and placed in the bins provided in the designated trash area. Guests will be financially responsible for any fines that incur for improper dumping or recycling.
- The guest agrees this is a non-smoking property. The guest will be charged a minimum of $1000 for smoke removal services, damages, and cleaning.
- If you have rented a dog friendly home, you are required to pay a non-refundable pet fee as outlined by VHHH during the booking process and in the property listing thirty days or more in advance of arrival. The dog(s) must be pre-approved by the management company and VHHH has a strict two dog maximum. Should any pet damage/pet hair be found at the property, the guest will be responsible for the cost incurred. Pets are not permitted in non-pet friendly properties. Should an animal be brought into a property without approval, the renter is subject to a daily fine of up to $1000 per day charged to the card on file and VHHH reserves the right to ask the guest to vacate the property with no refunds.
- All guests must be over the age of 25 unless accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Parking is limited to the amount of designated parking spots specified by VHHH for the property rented, additional parking is not available, and parking rules are subject to change.
- No recreational vehicles are allowed (RVs, Motor Homes, Boats, U-Hauls, etc.). The minimum fine in most communities is $100 per day and will be charged to the card on file. In addition, violators may be towed at the guest’s expense. No parking is permitted on vacant lots, grass, or in the street.
- Guest acknowledges that the property may not have a telephone.
- Guest acknowledges that the property may not have a telephone, that parts of the property may be locked off for owner use only and that the property may have exterior cameras.
- VHHH and its approved vendors reserve the right to enter the unit for any reason (rental, sale, maintenance) with advanced notice. We will make every effort to contact the guest and include the guest in the arrangement of preferred date/time, however, this is not guaranteed. Notice will be given in the form of text message to the number listed on the reservation.
- VHHH is not responsible for lost or stolen items during your vacation, however, we will aid in the search to attempt to get your items back. For located lost and found items, VHHH will charge the guest $25 service fee + applicable shipping and handling fees.
- As a part of your stay, you have coverage for some accidental damages to the rental unit (interior only) that occur during your stay if they are disclosed to Vacation Homes of Hilton Head prior to check-out. Coverage limit of up to $3,000 is at the discretion of Vacation Homes of Hilton Head as certain terms and conditions apply. Damage that is not reported will be charged to the card on file. Neglectful & flagrant damages including excessive dirtiness will also be charged to the card on file.
- This cancellation policy supersedes all previously existing agreements including bookings made on VRBO brand sites or any other online travel agency websites. Cancellations made 90 days or more prior to arrival will be allowed a full refund of payments made. Cancellations made 31-89 days prior to arrival will result in a forfeiture of the full 50% deposit payment made. Cancellations 30 days or less prior to arrival will result in a full forfeiture of all payments made including pool heat, pet fee, parking passes, and any other ancillary fees. If the guest fails to make the final payment within thirty days of arrival, the guest will have a five day right to cure, after that period the reservation will be cancelled, and no refunds will be issued. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay or early departure forfeit the full payment amount made. No refunds (partial or otherwise) or travel credits, will be awarded due to weather (see section 14), maintenance issues, cleaning issues, noise issues, etc. In addition, no refunds (partial or otherwise) or travel credits, will be awarded due to travel bans, pandemics, epidemics, stay at home/quarantine orders (voluntary or mandatory). Reservations are non-transferable from property to property.
- There will be no refunds or reimbursements should a reservation be negatively affected by a hurricane, tropical storm, adverse weather, or evacuation whether it be mandatory or voluntary. By making a reservation on an Atlantic coast barrier island, the guest agrees that they are assuming the risk of a possible evacuation and/ or all other related incidences surrounding a hurricane. The guest acknowledges that they are not entitled to a refund or reimbursement for tropical storm/ hurricane or weather-related situations.
- CSA Travel Insurance Policy: If you purchased CSA Travel Protection from VHHH and need to file a claim, please contact CSA Travel Protection directly at (866) 999-4018. You must notify VHHH of any claim being filed immediately after filing. CSA Travel Protection may reimburse you for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Travel Insurance can be purchased at any time for 6.95% of the total booking amount and is subject to a 4.5% processing fee. VHHH makes no claims about what is or is not covered by CSA Travel Protection and it is the responsibility of the guest to confirm coverage.
- If the rental unit is equipped with a gas grill, the guest assumes liability for using the grill during the rental period including guest safety, as well as safety and potential damages to the property. Propane tank purchases are NOT reimbursable.
- Please note that your property may be equipped with a fireplace, but they are decorative only and are not permitted to be used by guests. Any attempt to use the fireplace will be charged to the guest starting at $1000 per incident.
- The method of payment for the rental must be a valid Visa Card, MasterCard, Discover Card, or American Express Card. The first half (50%) of the rental total is due at the time the reservation is made and the second half (50%) of the rental total is due thirty days prior to arrival. If payment is not received by 25 days prior to arrival, the reservation is subject to cancellation with no refund. This is standard unless other arrangements have been made. The credit card is held on file with VHHH until departure date. If the card provided expires prior to the guest's departure or the guest wishes to use a different form of payment, it is the responsibility of the guest to provide VHHH with an alternate method. No more than two credit cards will be allowed per reservation.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00pm-7:00am per the Town of Hilton Head Short Term Rental Ordinance (Title 17, Chapter 4, Town Code).
- The maximum occupancy is agreed upon between the guest and VHHH. If guests exceed maximum occupancy at the property at any given time, the guests will be asked to vacate the premises and all payments made will be forfeited. There are no exceptions to this maximum occupancy policy.
- The property is not to be used for parties or gatherings that exceed the maximum occupancy. No on-site catering services are permitted including but not limited to, chair and table rentals, decorations, equipment, etc. If you feel your circumstances may be in violation of these terms, we highly suggest you contact our office prior to signing this contract. The guest agrees to forfeit all deposits paid towards your accommodation if you are found to be in violation of these terms in addition a minimum fine of $1000.00 will incur as well as we may ask the guest to vacate the premises.
- The total rental rate includes a one-time linen and towel set-up upon arrival and a departure clean upon check-out. Additional housekeeping service outside the above mentioned is not included in the rental rate, but it is available at an additional cost. The care of the linens is the responsibility of the guest. Should any linens/towels be lost, stained, or damaged, the guest's credit card on file will be charged for the cost of linen, as well as any applicable service and processing fees. Linens are not covered under the accidental damage protection mentioned above. Please reference the departure instructions in your mobile app to be sure you are complying of your departure requirements.
- Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Please note that the guest named in this agreement must match the name of the credit card holder, as well as the provided photo ID.
- Indemnification: guest agrees to indemnify owner and owner’s agent and save owner and owner’s agent from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees in connection with the loss of life, personal injury and/or damage to the property arising from or out of any occurrence in, upon, or about the premises, occasioned by an act or omission by owner, owner’s agent, guest or other occupants. Owner and owner’s agent shall have no liability for damages or injury to guest or guests: it is expressly understood and agreed that owner and owner’s agent will not be liable for any damages or injury to guest or other occupants and their property from whatever cause arising from the occupancy of said premises, both inside and outside of the house, whether on the property or elsewhere. The supervision and safety of all children are the direct responsibility of guest or parents, or caretakers of any children on the premises, including but not limited to decks, pools, hot tubs, elevators, and all other activities on the premises.
- This property is verified not have any construction or renovations within the property lines during guest occupancy. We cannot guarantee that neighboring construction or renovations will not happen. It is not the responsibility of VHHH to make you aware of any neighboring construction in advance. There will be no refunds issued for any issues with or noise complaints caused by neighboring construction.
- If your property has a pool and/or spa and/or hot tub, safety precautions are at the sole responsibility of the renter. Swim at your own risk. If you have rented a property with pool/spa heat, please note the pool/spa will not heat to greater than 88 degrees. Pool/spa heat is not included in the rental rate and must be added to the reservation 30-days prior to arrival. Pool/spa heat is subject to applicable taxes and fees. Pool/spa heat during Memorial Day through Labor Day is not an available add on. If your reservation is made within 72 hours of arrival, as well as in-house guests wishing to add pool heat unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate as most pools have to be tested/heated in advance.
- If you have an emergency during your stay, please call 911. For property related maintenance requests, please text (843) 868-5515. The guest acknowledges that normal wear and tear, maintenance, and other issues may arise during your stay that are out of VHHH’s control. The guest agrees that no monetary refund will be issued for all maintenance related issues. The guest also certifies that they are not permitted to move furniture around the property or turn the thermostats below 70 degrees. VHHH reserves the right to charge the guest $1000 per incidence to the card on file.
- VHHH reserves the right to relocate the guest to a comparable property for any reason, if, the guest agrees to the comparable property. If the guest and VHHH cannot come to an agreement on a relocation, guest will be refunded in full, and their reservation will be cancelled. If a guest requested, they be relocated to another property it is at the sole discretion of VHHH as to whether or not this request can be accommodated. No compensation will be made to guest in the event this request can or cannot be accommodated.
- Law: This Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of South Carolina, and the parties agree that venue shall be in the magistrate or circuit court for Beaufort County, South Carolina. In the case of a default by the guest hereunder, VHHH shall be entitled to pursue all rights and remedies available at law or in equity and shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs incurred in conjunction with such enforcement.
- Card Holder Agreement: I have read, understood, and agree to the above terms and policies. I agree to pay the charges according to my credit card agreement. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per the cancellation policy above. The guest agrees to all terms and conditions of this agreement. By continuing here, you are agreeing to this policy and take all responsibility for all violations incurred.