Hilton Head During Christmas
There is something magical in the air on Hilton Head Island during the Christmas and holiday season. Light displays are plentiful, music seems to drift through the air and the weather offers just enough crisp to pack your favorite sweater along with beachy favorites. As locals, we've got all the details on planning an unforgettable Christmas to Hilton Head Island. Get the scoop on weather, dining, events, services and beach houses below.
Hilton Head Weather During Christmas
The weather during the winter holiday season at Hilton Head Island is a dream. You'll enjoy sunny days and warm afternoons. Mornings and evenings can be a bit cool, offering the perfect opportunity to pull out the cute layering outfits that have been hiding in the back of your closet. It's really ideal weather for biking, golfing and birding. Rent some kayaks or go for a dolphin watching tour if you're feeling a bit more adventurous!
Hilton Head Restaurants Open on Christmas Eve
- Skull Creek Boathouse
- Charbar Company
- Wise Guys Restaurant
- Black Marlin Bayside Grill
- Frankie Bones
- Skull Creek Dockside
Christmas Eve Services Hilton Head Island
Hilton Head Island offers a great selection of Christmas Eve services. See below for a few Christmas Eve services you may attend with your friends and family.
- Hilton Head Island Community Church: Christmas Eve Candlelight Service @ 4:30 & 6:00 PM
- St Andrew by-the-Sea United Methodist Church: Christmas Eve Under the Stars @ 4:30, 6:00, 7:00, & 9:30 PM
- First Presbyterian Church: Christmas Eve Services @ 4:30 Family Service, 8:00 Candelight Service, 10:30 PM Candlelight & Communion Service
- First Baptist Church: Christmas Eve Candlelight Service @ 4:30PM and 6:00 PM, AND Christmas Day Service: 10:30 AM
Hilton Head Christmas Events
- The Holiday Artisan Market (December 4th, 2022: A festive holiday market with live music and over 40 artisans, this is a great spot to pick up holiday gifts. Enjoy live music, food truck cuisine, and even a visit from Santa himself!
- Winter Wonderland Festival (December 3rd, 2022): The Winter Wonderland Festival is the perfect opportunity to kick off the holiday season with the kiddos. There will be a golden candy cane hunt , games and more.
- Christmas Lights at Shelter Cove (November & December): Shelter Cove offers a beautiful display of lights every holiday season. Each store decks out their area and lights are strung between the stores canopy style. You can also view lights at Harbour Town and the Fire and Rescue Station.
Plan Your Hilton Head Island Christmas
Make your Christmas an unforgettable holiday when you plan a trip to Hilton Head Island. We offer beach houses with all the amenities you're searching for. Find an oceanfront rental with a view, or bring Fido along with our pet friendly beach houses.